Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

2/24/2005

 
I was being stupid and I told Crystal that some of the assholes guys in my shop class were talking shit about her. They were, but there's nothing she could do about it so I shouldn't have told her. But anyway, Susan asked if I said anything to them and I said no. I wanted to, but all I could think of was "shut up dumbass" and I didn't think that'd go over real well. Then Susan continued to say what she "would have said" if it had been her. Right. I seem to remember that less than a year ago a certain Ryan Burns called Tasha, April, Janelle, and I dikes in art, right in front of Susan, and she sat there. And this wasn't a class full of guys she didn't know. She had friends in that class, and she knew Ryan. Yet she expects me to mouth off to a bunch of older guys that I barely even know the names of. The same guys that I have to ask for help from and see everyday.

Yeah, hypocrisy pisses me off too.

I wish I had said something along the lines of, "Shut the hell up, you guys don't even know her." Granted, that's not the best line ever, but continue.
To which one probably would have responded, "I've known her since 7th grade."
The I would have retorted, "She's been one of my best friends since 2nd grade and she's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, but you're too stupid for her to care about."
And I assume there would be mumbles and some Oh's and such, and Bower would probably step in about there and tell the guys that Crystal's a sweet girl and if they keep talking they'll get sentences.

Or, I wish I had brought up the Ryan incident to Susan after she said that stuff so she would have realized her own cowardice and maybe apologized.

Alas, I always think of the right (or close to the right) thing to say hours after the moment has passed. Maybe that's why I like writing and communicating through email/aim/comment boxes; there's more time to think about what you want to say and how to word it right. Then again, I do like to talk in person, but usually those conversations advance differently than written ones. Anyone see where I'm going with this? I can't really explain any further, it's late and I need to sleep.

Comments:
I hate it whenever I think of the perfect thing to say but the moment has passed. Luckily, I don't have too many of those.. nor do I have any real regrets.

I prefer talking to people in real life, actually. Sometimes peolpe get caught up when they're behind the computer or something. Or are just a little too slow typing.

Hmmm... I've heard that Crystal is pretty nice. But I don't think I'll ever know that for myself really. She glares at me like I'm a complete asshole. Especially when I said that I was glad that Anne Frank dies. Maybe.. eventually I'll talk to her? Because we're in the same homeroom. Not too sure.. but alright.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]