Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

4/25/2005

 

Addicts of Communication

As most of you know, I don't have a cell phone, but everyone else in my house does. I don't want one. I'm not really a phone person. Mainly because I never talked on the phone much before. The only person I'd actually have conversations on the phone with was Susan, once in awhile Christina. But now they have other people to call when they're bored.

Anyway, getting back to the point, my house phone doesn't get used much. The only people who call it are relatives or someone asking if my mom can drive the rest of the girls to school.
The last time someone called for me was almost two weeks ago, Carolyn, asking if I could go somewhere, the conversation lasted about 5 minutes. I'm not complaining, really, I find it hard to carry on a conversation on the phone. I get distracted from it and start giving a running commentary on what I'm doing.

But today I got a phone call. Just for me, no one asking a question or favor.
You'd think it would be from a close friend, calling to see if I was okay because I wasn't at school.
Or possibly even my boyfriend, who I haven't spoken to in three days.
But, no.
It was from a person I don't really consider anything near a close friend, a good person and friendly classmate yes, but not someone I'd call up to make plans with or anything like that.

Justin Epling called me to make sure I got the pre-cal homework assignment.
And it made my day.
Someone noticed I was gone and cared enough to pass along the homework so I wouldn't get too far behind.

The occasional quick and considerate phone call is nice.

But please don't take this the wrong way. I know you guys care even if you don't call. It's just nice sometimes, a surprise like that. No hard feelings. And please don't think I'm asking you to call me for no reason, that's just kind of boring. "Hi, I'm bored. What are you doing? Oh, cool."
Yeah, not so great.

Comments:
Nigga plz you never call any of us either

-Tasha
 
Let's trade phones. I always get calls. I just don't really have enough time to talk to everyone who calls me.

That was sweet of Justin.
 
Let's trade phones. I always get calls. I just don't really have enough time to talk to everyone who calls me.

That was sweet of Justin.
 
Let's trade phones. I always get calls. I just don't really have enough time to talk to everyone who calls me.

That was sweet of Justin.
 
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was accusing you guys of neglect or anything. I really didn't mean it like that. Like I said, I'm not a phone person, I call if I need something.

Lauren, I'll have to pass on that one.

And the main issue that has fueled these emo posts has been resolved, or something like that. So on to me complaining about homework again.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]