Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

4/22/2005

 

See, we are far less than we knew.

I'm reaching for the remaining bits of energy in my fever-clouded brain to put together a mildly cohesive post for the day. I think I'll stick to a recap instead of something that actually requires thought.

Let's start with where I left off last time. I couldn't decide on a topic for my history project, so I haven't done it yet, but she didn't check them in yet anyway. I didn't end up doing any homework last night. Instead I tried to go to sleep early, but someone decided it wasn't very important. My sister and my dad were attempting to transfer a video from the computer back to the camera for Crystal's history project, and they could not figure it out, and they were loud about it. I learned:
-There's always technical difficulties.
-Don't make someone else responsible for your grade.
-Don't accept responsibility for someone else's grade.

Once I fell asleep I woke up again, and again. It's not fun trying to sleep while your fever is breaking. I was burning up then freezing, repeat every hour for the rest of the night.

This morning I had a can of Starbucks double shot instead of my usual cup of coffee and can of Snapple. I was awake for about five minutes. Then came my chemistry test. Nicht gut. I was hot and achy and hadn't read half of the chapters and couldn't remember much of what I did read. But with his crazy curving and addition of random points to cover his own mistakes I think I'll do okay.

The history test was just stupid. She had questions on there about things she never even mentioned. I like how she tells us how things happened like a story, but she ends up leaving out parts and gets us confused with the other class all the time. And since when were there four countries in the Central Powers? She always said three...

Then lunch was kind of bland, and hot.

The math test was not so bad, he left out the super-hard-twenty-minutes-and-half-a-page problems, which was nice. But there was one problem using exponential functions to calculate the half-life of radioactive isotopes where the problem took about eight different calculations and included natural logs and everything, and the answer was just double one of the givens. Needless to say, I was pissed when I reread the problem. Then the power went out, but thanks to the wonder of windows we continued the test.

The shop, however, is not solar powered like our calculators. So we sat around, and kids got sent outside for wearing hats and such. At least the delinquents in that class are amusing. And Danny and some other Mexican kids were talking about burritos and one of them couldn't remember the English word for lettuce and it was the funniest thing ever. They shook their heads and walked away from me as I laughed.

I guess that brings me to when I got home. I sat around in the living room, sat in my room, checked my daily blogs and sites and such, and that's about it. I've started knitting a light scarf, because I love scarves but all of mine are too hot for spring/summer wear. Again I used the turkey basters, again my mom laughed at me as I knitted. Then we went to Starbucks, and as per tradition, I spilt my dad's hot coffee on my knee on the way back. I swear it happens every time, no matter what.

It seems I've caught up to the present, and I'm typing this. That's all, I'm tired. I hope I get to have at least a little fun this weekend though, my fever has gone down and I feel a little better.

I wasted a half an hour on this thing. You better have liked it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]