Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

6/21/2005

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLOGGIE!!!

OMG.

365 days ago, I posted the first picture on this blog. 365.
Holy shit.

I think I should thank this here blog for all it's done in this year we've been together.

Dear Bloggie,

It's been a year. Wow. We really have been through a lot, and we've both grown, too.
You started off as just pictures with a few captions. Soon I added a comment system. Then put header pictures at the top. The I started actually writing entries. Later we added that beautiful side bar with all the links and neat stuff. Now look at you, all fancy and shit. I love it.

And through all of this you never gave me any trouble. You just sat there and listened. Even when I refused to use proper capitalization, or apostrophes. No complaints, no judgment, no unwanted advice, just someone to talk to.

Sigh.

It's been a long year, but a pretty damn good one, Bloggie.

My regards,
Jenna
The first birthday of my blog called for celebration. I spruced the page up, but it will be back to normal tomorrow. So make the most of it.

I have a little contest thingy for you, the first person to correctly guess the number of things that are different on the page gets a prize. I'm not sure what yet, but something good.
I guess if no one gets it right, I'll give the prize to whoever was closest. There's a limit of 3 guesses per person.

I encourage you all to do something special in honor of this joyous occasion. Like, maybe, eat a cookie, or maybe have a glass of chocolate milk. Something nice. You all deserve it, for putting up with this thing for so long. Even those who haven't been around since the beginning, I love you all! Treat yourselves to something good in honor of my blog's birthday.

Seriously, this blog has been a big help to me. Writing and posting things in here, even if it's just silly stuff like a flashing picture montage of myself, has improved my writing skills, my confidence (or is that my ego?), my thought process, and just gave me something to do. When I get bored I get sad, and this thing stifled my boredom many times and prevented many tears from being shed.

Here's to another year, eh?

I have big plans for this thing. Well, kind of big. It depends. But I hope you'll all stick around to see.
One thing I can see coming in the very near future is my blog's first audio post. Possibly within the week.
Something that I'd love to do eventually is get my own domain and website. I'd include this blog, just ftp'ed to the server and all. Ad-free and fully integrated, you in? I'm working out the financial parts, slowly. Then the technical aspects, but it's highly possible. Maybe around the holidays, a website sounds like a good birthday or Christmas present from the parents. No work on their part, always a plus.
I've actually got a few improvements up my sleeve that should be in effect when the festivities are over.

I have one last thing to ask of you, my dear readers, please leave a comment with birthday greetings for the bloggie! And suggestions for expansion and improvements, along with anything else you'd like to say, are more than welcome. Even if you just say hi, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys. Without you, this would just be a diary, but without the secrets diaries usually have because I wouldn't want to risk it. This as much a celebration of the blog as it is of you all.

:)

Comments:
Yay! Javascript is fun!
 
The cursor thingy.. the banner.. the picture you use as your icon in your blog.. the look on the comment thingy.. the pop up thingy before loading your blog.. the message namy thingy of the blog.. the hit counter... and a fire fox box thingy. That is all I can name. OHHH! And the links to comment and crap.

Who won?

*crosses finers*
 
Gimme a number, Lauren. I'm just going to go by numbers. And there's 2 right answers I'll accept.

And you named a bunch of thingies that were already there, loser. :)
 
DAMNIT!

Uhhh.. 7!

Lucky number 7!

*crosses fingers again*
 
You're correct!
Congratulations.
Now I have to figure out what your prize is.
Okay, got it. You should be recieving it kind of soon.
 
Happy birthday to your blog! It's cool that you remembered! I've started and deleted mine (keeping the same url) a couple of times and have no idea when the 'beginning' was. But, it's two-ish and it loves me anyway.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]