Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

7/24/2005

 

Where's my friend Peter?

I listened to Alkaline Trio today, for the first time since April. I had listened to them nearly everyday for probably two months, then I just stopped. Because I just didn't want to listen to them anymore. I had attached way too many things to their songs, things I didn't want to think about. Even though most of those things are good thing, I knew I'd cry. But I was in a very weird mood tonight, so I listened to them and I cried. I felt better afterwards, I needed to cry, and that gave me a reason to. Gave me something to blame for feeling crappy and sad.

I have 63 Alkaline Trio songs. I got all of those songs from Danny, except for Radio. Oddly enough, Radio happens to be the most fitting song for how I've been feeling about him since the end of April.
I've got a big fat fucking bone to pick,
With you, my darling.
In case you haven't heard, I'm sick,
And tired of trying.
I wish you,
Would take my radio to bathe with you,
Plugged in and ready to fall.
It's not that I actually want him to die or anything, I just don't want to see him or hear about him or think about him because it still fucking hurts. I can't stand thinking about him because it feels like a mistake now. I hate making mistakes. I hate regretting things. I wish I could just see it as a good time, and of course it couldn't have lasted too much longer, and just remember the fun parts, and realize that it could have ended up worse. But I can't. I see it as something I screwed up, a friend gone. And a million things remind me of him everyday, make me think about it. It's especially bad on these nights that I can't sleep, because my mind just races and it seems like every other thought is something about him. I think one reason why it's been bothering me more lately is because I've been feeling lonely and kind of cut off from people because we're all changing. And he was the closest thing I've had to a best friend since Susan, and that was almost three years ago now. I fucking hate changes. If things are going to change I want to happen quickly and totally. I don't want to be torn away from the way things used to be and the people I used to be close to. But it has to be slow and heart-wrenching, of course. Because I guess my life was too easy without some loneliness and depression thrown in.
This summer aches.

And I really hope I get better at getting over people, looking at my past it seems I'm not.
I get really uncomfortable around people I used to be close to and but aren't anymore. I don't want to have anything to do with Josh, for some reason. He's not a bad guy or anything, just he feels like a mistake, I don't like being reminded of mistakes, real or imagined. Plus I feel horrible because I didn't like him as much as he liked me, and I feel like I should have. Same with Salim, I was caught up in having a guy like me and for a little while I thought I liked him back. So whenever I see him I hate myself for messing with his head, even when I didn't think I was at the time.
It seems I liked the idea of a boyfriend more than the reality of it.

I guess it was turned around with Danny, I think I liked him more than he liked me. And that's a horrible feeling. And then the fact that we were friends first, and we had the same group of friends and everything. I couldn't get away from it.

Of course I had no doubts at the time, at least not at first. I was the happiest I'd been in a long time. And then he started not coming over. And he didn't talk to me at lunch as much, and he didn't walk down the hill with me. He started hanging out with Isabel after school, and at lunch. I started to worry, a lot. But when I asked him if we were okay he said we were. In fact, I think he said we were better than okay. That was the last time we hung out together. But I had been reassured, until he didn't talk to me the next weekend. Then that Friday, I forgot what but he had promised to tell me something after school. Of course, he wouldn't tell me. Then before we walked down the hill he said he had to wait. He said he had promised Isabel he'd walk home with her. I was joking around and said, "You keep your promises to her but not to me? It's over, Danny." Little did I know that it was, I had my suspicions, but was still optimistic. I was sick that weekend, and stayed home on Monday. When he called Monday night and asked me to come out and talk I was hoping he'd ask me how I was and such. But I guess he hadn't even noticed I wasn't there. When he started in with that "I forgot what I came here to tell you" crap I knew what he was going to say. But I wanted him to say it himself. I didn't want to make it easy. It took him half an hour. I ended up letting him get as far as "You know how we've been together..." before I asked him if he was breaking up with me. He went on to mumble about how hard that was and never really gave a real reason for it. He said we'd still be friends, we couldn't tear apart The Scene. So much effort he put into keeping that intact... Now I'm getting bitter, great.

I was actually kind of relieved he ended up not coming to shop much after that. Even when we were together all he did was make fun of me in that class, that and talk to Alex about things that sounded like they shouldn't be talking about them with me sitting right there. Not so comfortable.

The logical part of me has decided the best way is to hate him, the naive part wants to pretend it never ended, and the fucking loser part is jealous of everyone he talks to.

When I think about how casual he was about the whole think it makes me doubt the sincerity of things he'd say to me. The things that made it so I couldn't stop smiling. And that adds a whole new, even more imagined, level of regret to it, thinking I fell for lies.

He makes me irrational, I hate that feeling. He gets in my head and doesn't go away. And he'd call me the mind thief, hah.

But then I regain my composure and try to look at it objectively. We were a very odd match. And he wasn't the best boyfriend, I mean he completely ignored it at school. And he had some annoying habits, like calling everyone a bitch, even in front of my mom. We didn't end up talking so much as arguing, most of the time completely sarcastically about things that didn't exist. We clashed, a lot.
And now I'm going to try to leave it at that, before the emotional reality sets in.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep now.

Comments:
"I just don't want to see him or hear about him"

Easier said than done, eh? Yeah. I can relate. The thing is he keeps apologizing for things and brings up being friends again. I've agreed before but no success. As long has he's not hurting me or any of my friends I'm good. Whenever people have anything bad to say or a question to ask about him somehow they ask me.

"I wish I could just see it as a good time"
"it feels like a mistake now"

I agree to all of those things I've quoted. Yeah. It does feel like a really big mistake. I was to foolish to really consider some of the things people would tell me. And just gullable.

"a friend gone"

Yeah. Losing friends always makes me really sad. I hate losing friends. I hate changes. I actually felt guilty after the break up that I felt so relieved. I hadn't been that relieved in months. Maybe even a good year or 2. However, I did feel sad that I lost a friend. Eventually I came to realize that it wasn't my fault. It was his. I did my best. I hadn't made as many mistakes, said as many lies and broke as many promises.

"I get really uncomfortable around people I used to be close to and but aren't anymore."

I may seem happy most of the time and pretty social sometimes but every so often I get uncomfortable and push pretty much everyone out. I admit that I'm having one of those times right now as I type this dedicated comment to you. It really sucks because I'll have to throw Melissa a going away picnic and it would be wonderful if I were my usual happy self. But no. I know I'll probably be emotionally attached to Marco and maybe even Ben and Melissa the whole entire time at this rate.

"The logical part of me has decided the best way is to hate him"

Agreed. The thing is.. I can never really hate someone who I was once god friends with. Ever. I know I should hate him for everything's that he's done to me but I just can't. I don't like him nor do I hate him.

"And he wasn't the best boyfriend, I mean he completely ignored it at school. And he had some annoying habits, like calling everyone a bitch, even in front of my mom."

Honestly. Was there any other new way he could mess up?! I mean. SERIOUSLY! Danny does talk a lot of shit and tell a lot of lies. I'm not even going to get into the things that he called me or what lies he's told. Except for maybe the funny ones that he told me to try to impress me.

Don't feel so bad about it, Jenna. The way I see it is he's an insecure asshole. I admit that I can say much more than that but...

..I've moved on a very long time ago. I felt horrible that I was so relieved. I thought I'd be sad an angry. I wasn't. The fact is.. I was tired. I was tired of it all and I knew as many mistakes I made they never even came close to any of his. I don't know if that'll work for you but it sure as hell made me feel great.

You're better. He didn't deserve you. And although I knew that when you asked me if it was okay if you two went out and I knew that about myself when I went out with him I didn't do anything. I knew I had to let you learn for yourself. Plus the fact you didn't believe me that he called me a psycho bitch. Honestly, I was ready to knee him the balls for you eight times in a row. You want me to? My offer still stands. But if I ever hear him bragging to his friends again saying stuff like "I went out with them(Me and Melissa) and all of their friends." I will make him regret it.

As corny as it sounds.. I think you'll find someone great one day. Try not to give Danny much thought. Its just not worth it.

Also, don't be jealous of everyone he talks to. There's no reason to. Most of the people he talks to haven't known him long, don't know him too well or just talk to him but talk shit about him. Hell, one of his "friends" whom he's known a very long time walked up to me earlier this week and started talking trash about him. Daniel and Jesse have even IMed me, called me and walked up to me doing the same thing. On many occassions.

I really hope you weren't jealous of Isabel though. After all, he did called her a fat, ugly, whore all of freshman year and some of sophomore year. I doubt very much that he's treating her well either.

Just a question that Melissa and Crystal bring up... Is there anyone who went out with him and doesn't regret it? HAHAHA.
 
Thank you. Really, thank you.
And no, kneeing him in the balls won't be neccessary. Just getting that out there has made me feel better. That, and I got some sleep finally.

Heh, I remember the guys in shop offered to make him do extra work and everything, but then they got demoted.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]