Are you restless like me?

Jenna's former blog. It will still be here, but she will not be here.

3/31/2006

 

Gray light, new day seeps through the window.

I went thrifting and got nearly-new Levi's, some patterned silky scarves, a glass with an anchor, a necklace, and a book. Last time I went I got absolutely nothing and was sad. Oh, and I saw a Hagrid doll in perfect condition with a Gryffindor scarf and everything, but I knew there would be someone who would love it more than I would, so I left it.

I think I might actually like to go to prom if it weren't so damn expensive. It would give me an excuse to wear a dress and not be berated with questions about why I'm suddenly wearing a dress. I remember I wore a skirt one day during freshman year (an ugly skirt, but that's not the point), and everyone asked me why I was wearing a skirt. I guess if I just started wearing them semi-often, people would stop bugging me, but I rarely feel the urge to wear one. So I've stuck myself in a pants rut. Back to the prom subject, I will probably go senior year, with or without a date, and I want to make my own dress. I know that I would not be comfortable in anything I'd buy. I also want to wear Converse or slip-ons, even prom can't get me to wear heels.

My Grandma is very sneaky. I guess she might have picked up on the fact that we don't like to talk to her on the phone much, she rambles, and that we wouldn't really want her to stop by with old clothes of hers. She told my mom she might come by today, but that she would call before she left. She called at like 12:30 saying she was in Manteca, on her way, and would be there in about 45 minutes, and of course she told me this instead of talking to my mom so that we couldn't give her a reason not to come. And she lives like an hour and a half away, so she called when she was halfway here so we couldn't tell her to go back or something. So my mom and sister sort of hid and I gave excuses and got them to leave within 5 minutes of getting here. I wasn't as mean as I sound, though, she had other business in the area. Manda was convinced that she had lied about how far she was and that she would show up any second, but I doubt that she's that sneaky.

I'm not going to the volunteer thing that I should be doing tomorrow. I want to sleep on a Saturday, thank you. I have to get ready to "spring forward" on Sunday. I HATE daylight saving time.

Comments:
I just wanna dress up real nice. It's been a while...

-Lauren
 
We should get all dressed up and go eat somewhere very casual, like Denny's.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]